Thursday 4 June 2009

Election day in Princes Ward

So... today is election day in Princes Ward.

I don't know who is going to win the seat in this local election, but it's been a highly charged contest... I believe the main contenders for the seat are the Labour candidate and the Lib Dem candidate, but I think the Tory vote count could be interesting.

A closely fought contest is good news for local democracy if it alerts people to local issues that are worth arguing about. And it also makes it an interesting campaign to observe. May the best man (or the one who happened to land in the party with the money) win! If you don't win, well, it has been a good trial run for next year!

I'll provide any commentary/info that I'm sent today, but unfortunately, I have to be in work so I won't have a chance to check out the polling vibe until the end of the day.

Readers... if you live in SE11 in Princes Ward, maybe you might consider voting!

Bring on the swingometer (I'm so sad!!!)...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Silly question, but where/when are the results announced? There's scant all information on lambeth.gov.uk (well, if you drill down through the website enough, you'll find a notice of election), and BBC aren't covering it.

Hurrah for democracy...

Anonymous said...

They officers were starting the count at 1030 this morning (they had to separate the EU ballot papers etc) and so, depending on how many people were voting, it could be around lunchtime possibly a little later.

I believe BBC London is showing the results pages on their election page etc.

Good luck to all!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, BBC only seem to mention the Euros for London, unless I'm being totally blind? I suspect the first I'll hear about the result will be on this blog...

Label Cloud

Blog Archive